Sunshine meditation without the sun
In this sunshine meditation, there is no sun required. You will practise inviting positive energy into your body and mind.
This always gives me a perk up when I'm in need of some positivity and light.
1. Set yourself up for your meditation by sitting upright on the floor, on a chair or on the edge of your bed. When you feel settled, close your eyes and start to notice your breath.
2. Slowly, begin to visualise a small circle of bright, yellow light in the centre of your chest, close to your heart.
3. Feel positive energy here (joy, fun, playfulness, smiles and laughing) radiating from the small circle of light.
4. Slowly, the light becomes stronger so that it spreads out gradually throughout your body. Travelling around your chest, shoulders, arms, hands, neck, head, stomach, hips, legs and feet.
5. Observe your entire body as it's filled with warm, positive, joyful energy. Stay here for a few minutes as you remain connected to your breath.
When you’re ready, allow your visualisation to fade and enjoy a few moments to yourself before getting on with the rest of your day. Namaste xx